Girls place at track regionals

Hartley Hill, Copy Editor

• Passing an opponent on the inside, junior Elizabeth Eudaly races the first leg of the 4x800 at regionals April 27 at George Jenkins High School. The 4x800 team finished with a time of 9:30.

• Coming on her last 300 meters, junior Elizabeth Eudaly prepares to pass her opponent April 27 at George Jenkins High School. Eudaly passed the baton to the second leg in first place.

• Keeping her eyes on the runner ahead, junior Elizabeth Eudaly sprints her last lap of the 4x800 at regionals April 27 at George Jenkins High School. Eudaly raced another 800-meter later in the day, finishing third and qualifying for states.

• Holding a fast pace, sophomore Sarah Weber runs the second leg of the 4x800 April 27 at George Jenkins High School. The 4x800 team finished second and qualified for the state meet May 4.

• Grasping the baton, freshman Arlie Rubin catches up to a runner April 27 at George Jenkins High School. Rubin raced the third leg of the 4x800 and qualified for states in the 1600-meter later in the day.

• Creating a gap from her opponents, freshman Arlie Rubin approaches the last 200 meters of her race April 27 at George Jenkins High School. The 4x800 team qualified for states with a time of 9:30.

• Pacing with another runner, freshman Mary Ellen Eudaly starts the last leg of the 4x800 relay at regionals April 27 at George Jenkins High School. Eudaly got edged out by another runner in the last 100 meters, placing the 4x800 in second.

• Trying to escape another runner on her heels, freshman Mary Ellen Eudaly holds first place in the 4x800 relay April 27 at George Jenkins High School. The team finished second in a time of 9:30.

• Keeping her eyes up, Mary Ellen Eudaly sprints down the straightaway in the 4x800 relay at regionals April 27 at George Jenkins High School. Eudaly also raced the 3200-meters and 1600-meters at regionals and qualified for states in both events.