Flag football season comes to an end 

Standing+on+the+sideline%2C+the+varsity+flag+football+team+prepares+for+their+game.+The+team+made+it+to+the+second+round+of+districts+before+falling+to+Bloomingdale+High+School+ending+their+season.+

Hartley Hill

Standing on the sideline, the varsity flag football team prepares for their game. The team made it to the second round of districts before falling to Bloomingdale High School ending their season.

After defeating Armwood High School 33-0 in the first round of district playoffs, the flag football team moved on to play Bloomindale High School in hopes of moving to the district championship game.  

We all felt very confident going into the Bloomingdale game after playing our best game of the season the day before against Armwood,” sophomore Jaylyn Pelaez said.  

The girls traveled to Bloomingdale on Wednesday, April 21 for their twelfth game of the season, but after a close defensive battle, they lost 13-7.  The team competes in Class 2A, District 6 where they finished in fifth place out of nine teams with a final record of 4-8.

“My favorite part of the season was being able to play with the seniors I’ve known since I was a freshman,” junior Ashlyn Solomon said. “It was fun being close with everyone on and off the field.” 

The girls would regularly hold team bonding activities which they believed helped them work better together on the field.  

“Our team’s biggest strength was definitely getting along and having a good laugh which I think in the end made us closer in the game,” Solomon said.  

While they didn’t get to make a run deep into the playoffs like they hoped, they did make memories that will last.  

“My favorite part of the season would definitely be our team bonding sleepovers,” Pelaez said. “They really helped us make connections with our sisters on and off the field.”