Students make plans for fair day

Each year, Hillsborough county students get a day off of school for the Florida State fair. Each student also receives a free admission ticket to the fair that they may use on that day only.  While the fair has many things to do and some students plan on attending, many choose to make alternative plans for the day.

Many students choose to spend time with friends on their day off of school.

“I’m going to have lunch with my friends and then we’re going to get our nails done,” says Meghan Gramling, freshman, said.  

Going to the mall, seeing a movie or grabbing coffee with friends are popular options for students who rarely have a free day.

Now that winter has past, some students are taking advantage of the good weather and spending the day at the beach.

“A few of my friends and I are going to Clearwater for the day,” says Garrett Peterson, junior, said.

Many students choose to this because it’s relaxing, fun and something they rarely get to do during a school week. Other beaches, such as Anna Maria and Indian Rocks are also popular options.

Other students are taking advantage of the opportunity to stay home for the day.

“I’ll probably spend the day sleeping,” says Melanie Ekizian, senior, said.

Catching up on some much needed sleep is a good idea for many students who usually have to wake up early for school and stay up late trying to do homework and other activities. Netflix can also provide hours of quality entertainment for students who decide to spend the day at home.

No matter what their plans for fair day, most students are very excited to have a day off of school. Whether going to the fair or not, students enjoy this short break and have a fun and safe day.