Administration rewards students for grades

With the first quarter coming to an end rapidly, freshmen will be receiving their first cards soon.

Cards, of which the colors are gold, black, and white, are determined by their grades during the first quarter.

Each one of the three has their own requirements.

Gold cards are earned by a student getting no grade lower than an A in a quarter.

Black cards are earned by a student receiving at least three A’s on a report card, and earning no grades lower than a B.

White cards are earned by a student getting no grades lower than a B on their report card.

If a student fails to meet all of these goals, if they have perfect attendance for a quarter, they will get a Paw Perfect Attendance Card.

As a reward for trying so hard to achieve these goals, each card has their own perks.

The gold card has the most perks, as it is the card for the best students. Each student gets to drop three test grades, as long as they are a passing grade and they do not have more than two unexcused absences in that class. The student can not use the card on the same class more than once, which is good as it reduces the amount of power the cards have. The students also receive a luncheon every quarter if they have their gold card, and the school provides the students with food trucks.

Black cards are similar to gold cards, but with less rewards. The student gets to drop two test grades, a downgrade from the gold card. They also get to attend an Ice Cream Social every quarter. The same rules of the cards apply as for the Gold Card.

White cards allow students to drop one test grade, assisting them in maintaining all B’s. The same rules of the cards apply as for the Gold Card.

For the Paw Perfect Attendance Card, the students are able to drop a test grade, as long as they have zero absences in that class.

When receiving a card at the beginning of second semester and at the beginning of a year, the student has to have all A’s for the semester prior, not just the quarter.