Panther Prowl shows school spirit

Students gather around the burning of the PHS, a Panther Prowl tradition.

Jacob Robinson

Students and faculty members gathered on the Dad’s Stadium Football Field Wednesday night to perform the “Panther Prowl”, a longstanding tradition of service club performances with fellow students watching on.

“Panther Prowl brings out the pride you have for your service club, and it lets you show out and prove that your service club is the best”, Nathan Kovalchik, junior, said.

In a competition amongst Sertoma and Delphi for boys, and Anchor, La Sertoa, Kiwi and Zeta for girls, Zeta and Delphi proved to be victorious within the competition itself.

In terms of what occurred leading up to the event, many practice hours and preparation with choreography and song choice and approval went into the making of the event.

“It was pretty interesting to say the least. We had to change our music twice, and the music even turned off during practice”, Taylor Hatjioannou, senior, said.

In addition to the friendly competition and hard work before hand, Hatjioannou points out that there’s more to it than just that.

“It’s a really unifying night between not only all of the service clubs, but also the Plant High student body who comes out to support everyone who worked really hard”, Hatjioannou said.

Those who usually wouldn’t showcase their dancing skills or embarrass themselves otherwise came out for one night to dance to a range of songs to try to win the crowd over.

“It really shows teamwork from different types of people and you get to see a lot of cool things that people have worked on for a month. The preparation was somewhat stressful, but we went forward regardless”, Martie Mahon, junior, said.

Those who participated looked upon it fondly, as the Prowl brought together students and administration alike for an hour and a half to compete and dance the night away.