Lot Beginning to Look Like Christmas

Christmas arrives soon, the time of bundling up with a hot cup of cocoa. Along with the arrival of Christmas comes all the sights and smells that it brings. And what is Christmas without a tree to decorate? The trees parked in the lot continue the wait to find warm homes.

The Christmas tree tent sits near the Dale Mabry entrance to the school. In the past years, the tent sat in the senior parking lot, which many of the students, especially seniors, disagreed with.

Many of the senior students agree with the placement of the tent this year. “I’m happy they didn’t build it in the senior lot because we seniors have the privilege to park where we do. It is also convenient because where the tent is placed could lower the number of people in the parking lot who are parking without their tags,” Ellie Rosenkranz, senior, said.

Seeing this tent provokes a feeling of excitement and joy in a number of the students. “When I look over and I see and smell all of the trees, I picture Christmas and all of the presents. It makes me happy,” Kelsey DiMisa said.

The tent was put up on Saturday, Nov. 15 in the lot. It left the students who did not know about it shocked to see a huge tent built after they came back from their weekend. “I forgot that it was going up over the weekend so when I came back to school and saw that it was up I was a bit surprised,” Ally Ackles said.

The tent will only last for a limited time, of course. The trees range in height and width, but every tree will become the perfect touch to a house decked with Christmas spirit.